Champions of Maryland Manufacturing Webinar
Community Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion in Manufacturing
October 6, 2021 | 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Manufacturing plays a leading role in our state’s economy. But there are also manufacturers and organizations across Maryland doing extraordinary things to support the communities in which they operate and to create systemic, cultural, and/or behavioral change towards diversity and inclusion in the manufacturing workplace and in access by diverse manufacturing entrepreneurs and leadership to business resources and opportunities for success.
Through this program, we’ll showcase some of these Champions of MD Manufacturing and give you an inside look at the innovative ideas they have developed and put into action and the motivation for those actions. We’ll also talk about ways others can be inspired to do that same.
Moderator: Mike Galiazzo, Ph.D., President, Regional Manufacturing Institute of Maryland
- Janna Jackson, Regional Communications Manager, Exelon Corporation*. Read Champion story here.
- Gene Lott, Chief Marketing/Sales/Taproom Manager, Patuxent Brewing Co*. Read Champion story here.
- N. Scott Phillips, Esq., Project Director, Manufacturing Innovation Hub*. Read Champion story here.
- Dwight Brown, Manager Human Resources, Conagra Brands*. Read Champion story here.
* Winner of the 2020 Champions of Maryland Manufacturing People’s Choice Award. Get more People’s Choice Awards details here.
Join RMI and our Presenting Sponsor, MD Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP), as we highlight Champions of Maryland Manufacturing who have demonstrated great leadership in their community engagement, diversity and inclusion efforts.
Cost: $0. Registration is required. This program is being offered via a Zoom video webinar that requires a passcode to log in. An email with log in information will be sent to all registrants within 24 hours of the date of the program. If you have any questions, please email Stacey@RMIofmaryland.com or call Stacey Smith at 443-844-0047.