May 17, 2022 | 9:30-10 AM |Presented virtually via Zoom
This program is limited to representatives from Maryland manufacturing companies. No cost but registration is required.
About the Program
Note: The program presentation will last approximately 30 minutes (9:30-10 AM) with up to 30 minutes being available for Q&A after the program presentation from 10-10:30 AM.
Offshore wind is a manufacturing intensive industry that requires more than 8,000 components, providing an incredible opportunity for steel and metal fabricators, electrical providers, machinists, and more. Maryland is playing a leading role in this industry and is providing resources to prepare its manufacturers for the contract opportunities in this industry
While there will be ample offshore wind contract opportunities for our State’s manufacturers, companies will need to be prepared when these opportunities present themselves. The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) has grant funding available to support new or existing businesses (including minority owned emerging businesses) exploring offshore wind contract opportunities in Maryland by offsetting their capital expenditure investments. Capital expenditures must be utilized to provide goods and services to the growing offshore wind industry in the United States.
Grant funds may be used to offset capital expenditures such as:
- Business expansion including relocation costs, new construction of real property, and renovations to existing real property; and,
- Purchase and installation of equipment at a new or existing real property(s).
The program will include opening remarks from RMI President Mike Galiazzo, brief comments from representatives of Orsted and US Wind, two Maryland-based companies leading the way for Maryland’s role in this industry, and an intro to MEA offshore wind grant funding programs from Sam Beirne and Emma Stoney, MEA Energy Program Managers, Wind & Water Program.
Our Guest Speakers
- Dr. Mike Galiazzo, President, Regional Manufacturing Institute of Maryland
- Nancy Sopko, Director, External Affairs, US Wind LLC
- Brady Walker, Head of Government Affairs and Policy, MD & DE, Orsted North America
- Sam Beirne, Energy Program Manager, Wind & Water Program, MD Energy Administration
- Emma Stoney, Energy Program Manager, Wind & Water Program, MD Energy Administration
Questions? Contact Stacey Smith at stacey@RMIofmaryland.com or 443-844-0047.