Champions of Maryland Manufacturing Webinar
Workforce Innovation, Education & Collaboration in Action
May 25, 2021
Moderator: Michele Whelley, CEO, Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore (EAGB)
- Dr. Nilanjan Banerjee, Associate Director for Cybersecurity for Manufacturing Initiatives, UMBC*, Read Champion story here.
- Joseph Zuccaro, Lecturer – College of Business & Economics, Towson University*, Read Champion story here.
- Neill Christopher, Acadia Windows & Doors and The ARC of Northern Chesapeake, Read Champion story here.
- Becky Kemp, Workforce Development & Apprenticeship Program Manager, MD MEP
* Winner of the 2020 Champions of Maryland Manufacturing People’s Choice Award in the “Workforce” category. Get more People’s Choice Awards details here.
Join RMI, our Presenting Sponsor, MD Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MD MEP), and special guest moderator Michele Whelley, Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore CEO, as we highlight Champions of Maryland Manufacturing who have demonstrated great leadership in their manufacturing workforce efforts. They’ll share stories of innovation, education and collaboration that will provide inspiration and information from which Maryland’s manufacturers will surely benefit.
- Hear how a Baltimore County manufacturer partnered with a local nonprofit organization serving those with disabilities for its hiring needs and why this company calls these individual some of their most valuable employees.
- Don’t think you can afford to hire an individual dedicated solely to providing security for your digital assets? Learn how your manufacturing company can upskill a current employee for a cybersecurity role through a new and innovative Maryland program.
- Not sure where to find great talent for open positions at your manufacturing company? Hear the unique way one local educator is preparing his college students for careers of all types in the manufacturing industry and how you can connect with his students for your internship, apprenticeship and job opportunities.
- Plus, Becky Kemp from MD MEP will share information on valuable workforce hiring and training incentives and programs available to help Maryland manufacturers hire, train and retain a qualified workforce.
Cost: $0. Registration is required. This program is being offered via a Zoom video webinar that requires a passcode to log in. An email with log in information will be sent to all registrants within 24 hours of the date of the program. If you have any questions, please email Stacey@RMIofmaryland.com or call Stacey Smith at 443-844-0047.